The strategic location is undoubtedly one of the advantages of the BEST WESTERN Hotel St. George. Shopping, Culture, Art, Public Transport – everything is just a few hundred meters far from the hotel... Just a few examples:
- Corso Buenos Aires – one of the leading shopping streets in Milan (from Zara to Intimissimi, from Anthony Morato to Nike, from Guess to Calvin Klein Jeans, from Lush to Limoni – all kinds of goods can be found there).
- Milan Metro 1: 100 meters distance, and you get to Porta Venezia.
- Two stations from here, and you get off in the centre on Milan in Piazza San Babila; three stations, and you are in Piazza Duomo where you can see the cathedral, the exhibitions at the Royal Palace / Palazzo Reale, and visit Prada, Gucci, Solo Inter, and MaxMara shops. Milan Metro 1 will take you directly to two exhibition centres: Fieramilano and Fieramilanocity; the commuter train will take you to EXPO 2015.
- Milan Metro 3: Piazza della Repubblica station to get directly to Monte Napoleone or Porta Romana.
- Central Station: ideal location to get to Milan or to make short trips in case of a long stay in Milan (from the Central Station trains go to Lake Como, Lake Maggiore and the Borromean Islands, Lake Garda, Verona... to the largest Italian cities).
- Pavilion of Contemporary Art / Padiglione d’Arte Contemporanea, Modern Art Gallery / Galleria d’Arte Moderna, Civic Museum of Natural History / Museo Civico di Storia Naturale, Indro Montanelli Public Gardens / Giardini Pubblici Indro Montanelli: you pass a short stretch of Corso Buenos Aires and get to Corso Venezia, here you can visit some of the main museums in Milan.
5 minutes by taxi
- Garibaldi station – from here departures the high-speed train Italo which in less than three hours will take you from Milan to Rome, and in less than 45 minutes – from Milan to Turin.
Attractions, Events, Routes